PARKSIDE BIBLE CHURCH
Since its founding in 1965, Bethesda Christian School has been a ministry of Parkside Bible Church (formerly Bethesda Baptist). Today BCS maintains a close and consistent relationship with Parkside, sharing building space and grounds. The school is strategically aligned with the church but is operationally independent from it.
The pastoral staff at Parkside provides high-level guidance and encouragement for the leadership at BCS. A majority of the BCS board serves as active members of Parkside, as do key leaders on the BCS administrative team. The close relationship between church and school ensures that BCS will retain its founding mission of academic excellence, Biblical truth, and honoring the name of Christ.
- There is one God, the Creator of the universe and all that exists, who eternally exists in three distinct persons who are fully God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- All scripture is inspired by God and is inerrant, authoritative, and sufficient for all things.
- All humanity is made in the image of God and is also sinful from birth and by action. Therefore, all humanity is spiritually dead and justly remains under the wrath of God.
- Jesus Christ, eternally God the Son, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died in the place of sinful humanity on the cross to pay the penalty of sin and satisfy the wrath of God. He rose bodily from the grave, ascended into Heaven, and will one day return bodily to earth.
- Only through repentance and trust in the person and redemptive work of Jesus Christ can one be reconciled to God and enter Heaven.
- Salvation is all an act of God’s grace according to His sovereign purposes and eternal plans and can never be revoked or lost. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone for the glory of God alone.
- Jesus will return bodily to Earth at any moment. There will be a future bodily resurrection of the dead. Those who repent and trust in Jesus Christ will be raised to eternal life. Those who do not repent and trust in Jesus Christ will be raised to eternal punishment.